The future is FEMALE and our mission is to support and empower all the women out there dedicated to building their empire! And in honour of International Women’s Day, we're supporting Young Women's Trust by designing an exclusive Missy collection for which we will be donating 25% of the profits. Intrigued? Keep reading babe.
Who Are Young Women’s Trust?
Young Women’s Trust is a feminist organisation working to achieve economic justice for young women. With 1 million young women in England & Wales struggling to live on low or no pay, Young Women’s Trust works to help them thrive and see a fairer working future. They are avid campaigners for equality within the work places and continually research what young women’s lives are really like.
What Is International Women’s Day?
If you didn’t already know, IWD is all about celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women across the globe. It falls every year on March 8th and is a chance to acknowledge all of the amazing reasons of what it means to be a woman.
Why Did We Want To Get On Board?
As a female first brand, we want to make sure we are doing everything we can to help all our Missy girls dream big and reach for the stars. Which is why we’re doing this year’s IWD in the only way we know how - fierce boss babe style. Our collection has been inspired by the girl gang our brand was built around and contains seven on-trend pieces designed specifically for making those mogul moves. Whether you've got that big boardroom moment or brainstorming your next move from your living room, we’re with you all the way ladies!
Want To Get Involved?
There are loads of things you can do to support Young Women’s Trust and the International Women’s Day movement. Check below to find out more:
- Head online to Missy Empire and get yourself something from, (or all of) our exclusive IWD collection. 25% of the profits will be going directly to Young Women’s Trust so you can shop knowing you are making a difference to the future of young women.
- Check out Young Women’s Trust for the lowdown on their mission statement and learn more about the ways they are supporting young women building their empire.
- Keep an eye on Missy Empire’s Instagram and show your support on all of our dedicated posts and stories.
- Hashtag your fave Missy fits with #MISSYINDEPENDENT to help spread the word and certify your boss babe status.
- Have meaningful conversations with your girl gang about what it means to be a woman in 2021. Discuss how you can contribute to making a change for things to come.
- Celebrate! International Women’s Day is all about you - so take the time out to appreciate yourself and all the amazing things you have achieved so far. P.S - we're predicting big things to come girl.